When you’re feeling down, it is hard to think about anything other than what is bothering you. We tend to obsess over our problems. However, it is at this exact time that we should take part in the things we love. Engaging in our hobbies tends to calm us and relieve stress, anxiety and even depression.
This video discusses how knitting improves mental health.
Below are some other possible activities you can engage in, in case you don’t know where to begin.
1. Going for a walk or hike
2. Riding a bicycle through town
3. Reading a good book to get your mind off of unhappy thoughts
4. Cooking a delicious meal
5. Watching your favorite movie
6. Writing down your thoughts in a journal may help put them out of your mind
7. Playing a sport with good friends
8. Going for a swim in a celestial pool
9. Playing boardgames or putting together a puzzle could relieve tension
10. Listening to lively music and dancing across the room is sure to put a smile on your face