5. Fish. Eating salmon, tuna, or herring is a great way to get omega-3s for your overall health. On top of this, fatty acids are a mood booster. Omega-3s can improve memory and alleviate depression. These fats increase hormone production, which tends to stabilize a person’s mood. Fish is also full of vitamin B12, which produces serotonin, a hormone known for improving happiness.
4. Bananas. A banana has plenty of magnesium, an element known for increasing sleep and reducing anxiety and stress. This fruit also contains tryptophan, a product that turns into serotonin in the body.
3. Kale or spinach. Dark leafy green vegetables are great at improving mood and boosting happiness. They are high in folic acid, which fights depression and decreases tiredness. The antioxidants found in these vegetables are also great at improving mood. And, again, magnesium plays a big role in enhancing sleep and reducing stress.
2. Turkey. This particular meat is full of tryptophan and melatonin. Tryptophan is known for relaxing our psyche and melatonin is known for helping our body unwind. Turkey also includes tyrosine, which boosts our energy levels.
1. Milk. Whey, a substance found in milk, is known for lowering apprehension and irritation. Milk also has plenty of other vitamins and minerals that make your body energetic and your mind strong.